Thursday, October 16, 2008

W9T2: Difficulties in writting

One example of the difficulties that I faced in my engineering class is that my notes are often written in improper English. I feel that it affects me greatly whenever I revise my notes. There are times when I am confused about some of the physics concepts because I have trouble figuring out what I am explaining in my notes. In order to resolve this problem, I have decided to summarize my concepts in point form rather than writing in improper English. I believe this will enable me to understand the physics concepts much more effectively. I think I will make it a habit to write a summary from now.

Another difficulty I faced in my engineering class is that I have difficulty in expressing in written form. I will make many tense errors that will confuse my reader. For instance, I will describe the PAP governments by writing “The PAP government is …”. The correct sentence should be “The PAP governments are …” making such error confuses my marker as they will assume that I am referring to a particular PAP government when I am referring to the whole PAP. In addition, I also make careless spelling errors in my Singapore Studies module. In my recent test, there are a few spelling errors in my essay pointed out by my tutor, this gives her a bad impression of my essay and that marks will be deducted due to the poor language expression. Thus, I should read more articles and novels to improve my English language. Furthermore, I can visit ITSELF to do some practice on my grammar errors. By improving the standard of my English, I can certainly score better grades for my other modules.

2 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 5:28 AM , Blogger Toh Xin Ni said...

Hi, may i know why the word "government" is being written in plural form? Is there more than one government?

 
At November 4, 2008 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Yew Siong said...

Right, writing is quite a tough job for engineering students. However, if we put more effort on it, we are able to master it soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home